EDU 440 Week 4 Assignment Making Learning Meaningful
Making Learning Meaningful. Interview a reference librarian or other data professional working in an academic, research or other professional research area and write a three- to four- page paper summarizing and reflecting on the research services at the institution and the path taken to acquire the position.
Within this paper answer the following questions:
- What is your job?
- How long have you done this?
- What educational background do you have to be considered for this position?
- What previous jobs led you to this professional position?
- What services does your library provide?
- What services do you provide for your patrons?
- Describe what a typical work day is like for you?
- What are the best and worst parts of your job?
- How important is information literacy to your job and what do you do to teach this skill to others?
You may also include any other questions you may have.
In your paper, summarize the responses to the questions and reflect on the research services, analyze the effectiveness of the services, and make suggestions for improvement.
As such, your paper will include the following components in addition to title page and references: Summary of Interview, Reflection of Interview, Interview Notes. Please note: Your summary needs to be in your own words with direct quotes to support your claims as deemed necessary. Remember to cite your source as an interview ith selected librarian. Include at least one other scholarly reference. Use APA style for reference sources. Your paper must be three to four pages in length, not including title and reference pages.