ADM 554 Workshop Six - 6.2 Dropbox Homework
1. Using the appropriate software (OM Explorer), solve the following problems:
a. Chapter 15: Problem 12 – Use process demonstrated in Example 15.2 of textbook. No software required.
Hint: Use the process explained in the textbook on pp. 524-525.
b. Chapter 16: Problem 1 – No software required.
c. Chapter 16. Problem 3. No software required.
d. Chapter 16: Problem 6 – OM Explorer/ Enable Macros/OM Explorer /Resource Planning/Master Production Scheduling.
Hint: In OM Explorer, select “Resource Planning”, “Master Production Scheduling”, Order policy = lot size
e. Chapter 16: Problem 14 – OM Explorer/ Enable Macros/OM Explorer/Resource Planning/Single Item MRP.
Hint: In OM Explorer, select “Resource Planning”, “Single Item MRP” Put the number “10” in the “Periods” box.
A: Select “FOQ” from the left side pull down. The FOQ=lot size
B: Select “L4L”. Make certain that you remove the FOQ/lot size number.
C: Select "POQ”. Put the P value in the middle top area. Make certain that you remove the FOQ/lot size number. Look at how the different rules change the spreadsheet.
2. Right click on the pertinent charts, tables and/or graphs from OM Explorer to copy to a Word document
3. Paste the pertinent charts, tables and/or graphs from OM Explorer to a single Word document.
4. Provide an answer to each part of the assigned problem based on the output from OM Explorer.
5. When you have completed your assignment, save a copy for yourself in a location that is convenient for you to locate and submit a copy to your instructor using the Dropbox by the end of the workshop.