PMAN 639 Midterm Exam (UMUC)
A. Please answer the following True or False questions (each worth 2 points)
1) Garvin found that most definitions of quality were either transcendent, product-based, service-based, manufacturing-based, or user-based.
2) Service quality is more difficult to define than product quality.
3) The ultimate goal of strategic quality planning is to aid an organization to become profitable
4) The Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award is restricted to firms in the manufacturing sector.
5) The forced-choice model is useful only for companies that are seasoned strategic planners.
6) A services blueprint is a flowchart of customer service operation
7) In a QFD, every customer requirement must be related to every technical design element of the product.
8) An intercorrelation in the roof of the house of quality that is represented by a filled circle is strongly negative.
9) The fail points in the service blueprints are often referred to as “defining moments.”
B. Please answer the following multiple choice questions (each worth 3 points)):