MGT 312 Final Exam Answers (2017)
1) Performance on tests like the Scholastic Aptitude Test and the Graduate Management Admissions Test is likely to be most closely related to:
2) The productive potential of an individual’s knowledge, skills, and experiences is known as:
3) Chris, a manager, knows that one of his employees values achievement and power. Chris should assign the employee to a job that includes:
4) The steps in the process of stereotype formation and maintenance in order are:
5) The potential to understand and regulate oneself is known as:
6) Janelle, one of Abdul’s employees, has performed poorly on many aspects of her job since she was hired four months ago. This is likely to be attributed to:
7) Camilla, a manager, notes that while Wilhelm’s written reports are very thorough and accurate, his oral presentations are not effective. Camilla is looking at:
8) When something is _______, it stands out from its context.
9) Self-enhancement and self-transcendence are:
10) A person can build his/her social capital by:
11) Which of the following is the least fixed of a person’s individual differences?
12) The contingency approach suggests that:
13) The process that enables us to interpret and understand our surroundings is called:
14) Acme Movers is a company that ships goods and cargo to all locations in the United States. The employees understand that the company's primary vision of timeliness, efficiency and low-cost services is important to maintain the competitive edge over other movers in the business. They constantly work to ensure that all deliveries reach their destinations on schedule, and the company, in turn, rewards the employees with performance-based awards and profit sharing. Which function of organizational culture is exemplified here?
15) Regarding using personality testing as part of the hiring process, experts have concluded that:
16) The extent to which an individual identifies with an organization and commits to its goals is called:
17) In Ajzen’s theory of planned behavior, ___________ is (are) the key link between _________.
18) Keyshawn is a player on a professional football team. Because of this, his play every week is scrutinized by fans and media, as well as his own coaches. Sometimes, their comments are very negative and even personal. Keyshawn will handle this better if he has a high level of _________ intelligence.
19) Research shows that, in general:
20) The interdisciplinary field dedicated to understanding and managing people at work is called:
21) Which of the following mechanisms for changing organizational culture addresses all three levels of culture?
22) Stimulation is in the ____________ part of Schwartz’s model.
23) ___________ is associated with success for managers and salespeople.
24) The two dimensions of the competing values framework are:
25) Organizations with adhocracy cultures are described as:
26) Sustainable businesses tend to be run by CEOs who are:
27) According to the Ajzen model, the strongest predictor of an employee’s behavior is (are):
28) The corporate staff in the accounting department at ABC Corporation went on 12-hour days during the holiday season, just like the regular retail employees do during that season. This is an example of a(n) _________ change.
29) Joyce finds that the members of the project team to which she has been assigned in her management class are all athletes on the college’s football and basketball teams. She immediately considers dropping the class because she thinks her experience with that team will be negative. Joyce is likely to be reacting to a:
30) The distinction between flexible and fixed individual differences: