BAM 312 Unit 3 Exam Answers (CCU)
California Coast University
1. Instead of beginning your negative message with a blunt announcement of the news, you can use ___________.
2. If up to now you have failed to respond to a request, a buffer ____________.
3. An effective indirect opening for a negative message would be:
4. One way to be tactful when giving your reasons for bad news is to ____________.
5. In the close of a negative message, you should ____________.
6. To avoid being accused of defamation, you should ____________.
7. When you need to inform employees that a benefit or privilege will be eliminated, ____________.
8. A letter rejecting a job applicant should ____________.
9. The purpose of the interest section of a persuasive message is to ____________.
10. An effective ending for a persuasive message would be which of the following?
11. The key to a successful action phase in the AIDA model is ____________.
12. When writing a persuasive request for action, you should ____________.
13. Which of the following would not be an effective technique for gaining audience attention in sales messages?
14. The interest phase of a sales message should ____________.
15. Unlike more traditional promotional messages, those written for social media ____________.
16. A problem statement ____________.
17. Sources of secondary information include ____________.
18. In evaluating material you have gathered for a report, you should _____________.
19. Which of the following is not true of conventional search engines?
20. Recommendations differ from conclusions in that recommendations _____________.
21. The recommendations you make in a report should be _____________.
22. U.S. government research shows that about _____________ percent of the adult population in the U.S. has the literacy skills needed for success in today’s workplace.
23. A surface chart is ____________.
24. A bar chart would be particularly useful for ____________.
25. A chart that uses symbols or graphic images instead of words or numbers to portray data is called a ____________.