BAM 312 Unit 1 Exam Answers (CCU)
California Coast University
1. When it comes to communication skills, employers express particular frustration with ____________.
2. Which of the following is not a characteristic of effective business messages?
3. The term corporate culture refers to ____________.
4. Every organization has a(n) ____________.
5. In the first step of the communication process, the sender ____________.
6. Whereas Business Communication 1.0 tends to emphasize _____________, Business Communication 2.0 focuses more on _____________.
7. All of the following are examples of unethical communication except _____________.
8. To help establish clear guidelines for ethical behavior, many companies provide employees a written _____________.
9. Which of the following is not a way teams help organizations to succeed?
10. Groupthink refers to ____________.
11. You and several coworkers serve on a task force charged with updating the company personnel policy manual. To proceed effectively, you should concentrate on ____________.
12. ___________ are informal standards of conduct that team members share.
13. If you are engaging in critical listening, your goal is to ____________.
14. In part, poor listening occurs because listeners ____________.
15. When introducing yourself to someone in a business context, you should always include a brief description of ____________.
16. Using mobile phones during meetings is _____________.
17. Culture influences a person’s understanding of _____________.
18. To convey meaning in a low-context culture such as the one existing in Germany, people rely more on ____________.
19. Women executives who travel abroad ____________.
20. When writing letters to businesspeople in other countries, you should
21. When preparing a message to someone from another culture, you should ____________.
22. The three primary steps involved in preparing a business message are ____________.
23. In developing business messages, the step during which you step back to see whether you have expressed your ideas clearly is ____________.
24. A knowledge-management system ____________.
25. After sending project cost estimates to a longtime client, you realize you failed to include information on some discount options. The best thing to do is ____________.