ACCT 220 ACCT/220 ACCT220 Week 6 Homework Chapter 12 and 13 (UMUC)
1. What is the par value of a share of capital stock?
2. What are the advantages of the corporate form of organization?
3. What is an arbitrary amount assigned by the board of directors to each share of a given class of no-par stock?
4. What does the purchase of treasury stock do to stockholders’ equity?
5. What is a stock split?
6. What is treasury stock?
7. When does a discontinued operation occur?
8. What are extraordinary items?
9. How is earnings per share (EPS) computed?
10. A corporation has outstanding 5,000 shares of $175 par value common stock. Prepare the journal entry to record the declaration of a cash dividend of $1.60 per share.