ACC 401 Week 1 Quiz (Ashford)
- What is the amount of the personal and dependency exemption for 2014?
- To be a qualifying child, the taxpayer must meet three general tests and five specific tests. What are the three general tests?
- Which court hears most of the litigated tax disputes between the IRS and taxpayers?
- Sallie earned $85,000 and paid $5,950 of income tax; Theodore earned $33,000 and paid $2,310 of income tax. The tax rate structure they are subject to is:
- The basic standard deduction in 2014 for a Head of Household taxpayer who is 41 years old and not blind is:
- A tax rate that remains the same as the tax base increases is an example of what kind of tax rate structure?
- When a taxpayer can be claimed as a dependent on the tax return of another individual, the basic standard deduction for the taxpayer is limited to the greater of (a) ______, or (b) the taxpayer's earned income plus $350, but not more than the amount of the basic standard deduction.
- What is the amount of the tax liability for a married couple having taxable income of $153,500? All answers should be rounded to the nearest dollar.
- The following fringe benefit provided by the employer is not taxable to the employee:
- Which of the following would disqualify a taxpayer from filing a Form 1040EZ?